Sunday, September 25, 2011

First Lady Michelle Obama: Joining Forces Is About Everyone Stepping Up to Give Something Meaningful Back | The White House

Photo: First Lady Michelle Obama, along with Ty Pennington and the "Extreme Makeover Home Edition" team, watch as Barbara Summey Marshall, center, a 15-year Navy veteran,and her family get the first look at their new house in Fayetteville, N.C., July 21, 2011. (Official White House Photo by Samantha Appleton)

This op-ed from First Lady Michelle Obama was first published in the Fayetteville Observer

A few years ago, as I began to travel around the country and talk to all sorts of people, one set of stories always tugged at my heart. They took my breath away. They inspired me. And they motivated me to learn more. They were stories of strength, courage, and patriotism that define our nation’s military families. And I know that Fayetteville is filled with them.  

 Click link for full post from The White House Blog: First Lady Michelle Obama: Joining Forces Is About Everyone Stepping Up to Give Something Meaningful Back | The White House