The First Lady is the official host of the White House Easter Egg Roll. The event cannot officially be called the White House Easter Egg Roll until the opening ceremony begins and the Easter Egg Bunny makes an appearance
This year, new activities have been added to ‘egg roll classics' in order to promote healthy and active living. Activities include:
· Sports Zones - Football, basketball, tennis, golf, softball and obstacle courses
· Rock ‘n' Egg Roll Stage -Featuring live musical performances
· Storytime Stage
· Hop to it! - An instructional dance center on the South Lawn
· Play with your Food - Make-your-own Garden, Farmer's Market, Buzzing about Bees, Fun Food Science and more led by the White House Chefs and celebrity guest chefs. This activity center is built around the White House Kitchen Garden
· Eggspress Yourself – Arts and crafts workshop
· Yoga Garden
· An Easter egg hunt & the traditional Easter egg roll
The White House has extended this year's event, with a start time of 7:45 AM and an end time of 5:45 PM. 30,000 tickets have been distributed in 5 different groups. Each group of 6,000 guests will be able to spend two full hours on the White House's South Lawn.
Courtesy: Time Magazine. Click link for more of the activities planned and fun facts about the Easter Egg Roll on Monday.